SELECTED GROUP + SOLO EXHIBITIONS
Apocalypse // HESA In Print, Helsinki, Finland
Art in the Urban Environment // Cake Walk Gallery, Baltimore, MD
Outpost // WORK:Detroit, Detroit, MI
Free Radical // SiTE:LAB, Grand Rapids, MI
After the Pedestal // The Sculpture Center, Cleveland, OH
ArtPrize // SiTE:LAB, Grand Rapids, MI
Ann Arbor / Altea Collaborative // North Quad Space Gallery, Ann Arbor, MI and Altea, Spain
Chain Letter // Shoshana Wayne Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
One Year Daylight // Aula Gallery, Imatra, Finland
Praxis // SiTE:LAB, Grand Rapids, MI
RADIATE // Scrxipt Gallery, Flint, MI
Unhooked From Time // Gallery Project, Ann Arbor, MI
Beacons // Urban Institute for Contemporary Art, Grand Rapids, MI
All Student Exhibition // Jean Paul Slusser Gallery, Ann Arbor, MI
SiTE:LAB 833 Lake Drive // Lefontsee Gallery and SiTE LAB, Grand Rapids, MI
International Exhibition // Work•Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor, MI
Imagining the Future // Gallery Project, Ann Arbor, MI
Michigan – Land of Riches // Old Grand Rapids Public Museum, Grand Rapids, MI
Yes / No / Maybe // Warren Robbins Gallery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
All Student Exhibition // Work•Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor, MI
Work at Hand // Warren Robbins Gallery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Local Artists // The House, Little Rock, AR
New Works // Artists Xchange Gallery, San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Open Studios Artspan Exhibition // SomArts Gallery, San Francisco, CA
Art Explosion Spring 2008 Sneak Peak // The Art Explosion, San Francisco, CA
Thoreau Center Tenants Exhibition // Thoreau Center for Sustainability, San Francisco, CA
ArtSpace Exhibition // The Art Cafe, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Wellesley Studio Arts Thesis Exhibition // Davis Museum Gallery, Wellesley, MA
E D U C A T I O N
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan | 2009 – 2012
MFA Candidate 2012 / Art & Design
Wellesley College, Wellesley, Massachusetts | 2001 – 2005
History / Studio Art Double Major
AWARDS + GRANTS
American Scandinavian Foundation Fellowship 2012 – 2013
Smucker-Wagstaff Creative Work and Research Grant 2012
Rackham Conference Travel Grant 2011
Rackham Graduate Student Research Grant 2011
Finlandia Foundation National Grant 2011
Rackham International Research Award 2011
As I See It Photography Contest Finalist 2011
Smucker-Wagstaff Creative Work and Research Grant 2010
First-year Academic Distinction Award 2002
2011 – 2012
Committee Member University of Michigan School of Art + Design Dean Search Advisory Committee
Delegate Festival of Thinkers Conference, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Presenter + Moderator SculptureX Conference, Cleveland, OH
Co-curator Disruptive Stillness exhibition, Jean Paul Slusser Gallery, Ann Arbor, MI
Speaker Exhibition Speaker Series for American Identities: Twentieth-Century Prints from the Nancy Gray Sherrill Collection.
PUBLICATIONS + REVIEWS
Surfacing Catalog documenting the work of the 2012 MFA graduates of the University of Michigan School of Art + Design. Publisher: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
SiTE:LAB ArtPrize 2011 Catalog documenting artists and projects created in the 2011 SiTE:LAB + University of Michigan School of Art + Design venue. Publisher: SiTE:LAB, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
One Year Daylight Booklet documenting ongoing research and creative work. Self-published.
Unhooked From Time Exhibition Review on Ann Arbor.com. April 25, 2011.
University of Michigan | August 2009 – April 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Graduate Student Instructor & Assistant
• Teach undergraduate courses in tandem with Art & Design faculty lectures on concepts relating to cultural production, and creative practice and collaboration.
• Assist in curating and installing exhibitions in University of Michigan gallery spaces.
Geographic Expeditions | August 2006 – March 2009
San Francisco, California
Associate Director, India, Tibet & Sri Lanka
• Managed multiple projects with flexibility, and detail-orientation in a fast-paced travel work environment.
• Collaborated with colleagues to develop high-end travel itineraries through on-the-ground development of programs in specific destinations.
Prem Tinsulanonda International School | July 2005 – July 2006
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Visual Arts Assistant
• Developed and taught drawing, painting, darkroom photography, and art history enrichment curriculum for Grade 10, 11, and 12 Advanced Art (IB) students.
• Coordinated and supervise in Junior and Senior School Art Department workshops, co-curricular programs, arts festivals, and special events, Kindergarten – Grade 12.
Wellesley College Davis Museum and Cultural Center | 2003 – 2005
Wellesley, Massachusetts, USA
Assistant to the Nancy Grey Sherrill Curatorial Fellow
• Researched artist and artwork information for the Exhibition Catalogue, and acquired copyright permissions.
• Presented informative lecture to the Wellesley College National Friends of Art Committee on the theme of women artist travelers in the Wellesley College Davis Museum collection.
Field Museum of Natural History | Summer 2004
Chicago, Illinois, USA
• Assisted in all exhibition related preparations, including writing press clips, assisting conservator with object evaluations, corresponding with other institutions, organizing object lists, and writing a report on the scope of information for future exhibition on cartography.
• Designed and executed visitor testing on content of a future exhibition, and reported results in executive summary.
Zanzibar National Museum of History and Culture | Summer 2003
Stonetown, Zanzibar, Tanzania
• Prepared exhibits on the Swahili Coast, Maritime life of the Indian Ocean, and Monsoon cultures.
• Designed educational program, applied for the Wellesley College International Grant on behalf of the Zanzibar National Museum of History and Culture, and earned the full $10,000 to fund the proposed education program.
Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts | Summer 2002
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
• Organized and arranged books, catalogues, and ephemera in the Pulitzer Library Database.
• Assisted in galleries during public hours, answered exhibition related questions.